Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 12: Reading Diary A--My Frustration with Dice Continues and My Favoritest Couple Everrr

I promise--I mean it this time!--this reading diary will not be insanely long. . . I really am trying, I swear!

Is anybody else picturing them all sitting around a little checkered tablecloth on the stone floor of a grand receiving hall?  Kinda like a dice picnic inside a giant palace.  All things that make sense together, haha.

That is a ton of pearls.  Like, literally.

From cattle and sheep to a city then to people.  Totally a logical progression, I guess, if you have a city and other people to stake as a bet.

Though I must say, I love that Draupadi is described as equal to all five Pandavas--a woman worth five unmatched men!

Yay, Draupadi!  Knock that brute to the ground!  Wooooo!!

The whole "I am going to destroy your thigh" thing that Bhima has going on totally makes sense now!  Macho men stripping to show off their thighs--*sigh*  <-- And just to clarify, that is a sigh of frustration and not one of wishful thinking.  Just making sure you got that.

"'You have surpassed your beauty.''  Yes.  Yes!  YES!  See, these are the kinds of females we need in the epics.  Strong women defined by more than their looks.  Thank goodness for Draupadi.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!  What the heck, Yudhishthira?!  Even knowing that you are going to keep gambling and lose everything again, I still want to throw my book at the wall.  Gahhh.

I don't know Dhritarashtra, why do you have affection for Duryodhana?  He's a menace, a cold-hearted bastard who doesn't care about anything but himself.  Come to your senses, man!

Anybody else love the random sketch of a katydid?  No?  Just me?  Okay. . .

BUTTERRRRR.  Mmmmmm. . .

"You can have anything if you just turn back--"  Okay, Arjuna, explain to me why you didn't ask for your banishment to end and your kingdom back?  Why just ask for a drink?  Like, what??

The wine caused a cup to explode, the leaves to fall, mountains to crack, and stormy flowers to form, and you call it delicate?  I think you are terribly mistaken.

The inexhaustible quiver was empty. . . Well, obviously it's not truly inexhaustible, now is it?

All the description of heaven and the one thing I pick up on is that the white elephant has four tusks.  Yup, I'm special that way.

[I'm blaming the length of this post on my frustration.  Yeah, that's it.  Don't argue with me, just accept my faulty logic.]

You think no one is more unfortunate than you?  You're wrong.  Trust me, I'm a poet.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!   IT'S NALA AND DAMAYANTI!!!!!!!!  I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT.

Excitement contained.  But no more shall be said about that duo right now. . . Well, maybe a few things.

I.  FREAKING.  HATE.  DICE.  Taking all you have and then transforming into birds just to steal your robe.  Jerks.  (Though, personally, I am awesome at liar's dice, haha.  But that's totally different, of course.)

You throw stones at her?  Stones?  At the faithful and intrepid Damayanti?  For shame, people, for shame!!!

"As small as a thumb. . ."  Odd thing to compare something to, but okie dokie.

And we return to Ayodhya.  Again.

What is it with these men and gambling away their wives?!  I mean, at least Nala knows he cannot lose, but still.

And as we return back to the "present" with the Pandavas, we break until tomorrow!  Ciao!!   :)


[And just if you were wondering, this was a perfectly reasonably-sized reading diary.  My lifetime goal has been reached, haha.]

No comments:

Post a Comment