Sunday, September 28, 2014

Tech Tip: Online Typing Test

I took the RankMyTyping.com and Typing Speed Test online in order to discover how fast and accurate I was with my touch typing.  Both tests resulted in about the same speed for me, with 74.2 words per minute at the one and 72 words per minute at the other.  Personally, I liked the RankMyTyping test better, as it was sentences with punctuation, similarly to things that I type normally; thus, it probably provides a more accurate measure of my typing speed while doing assignments than the Typing Speed Test.  However, the typing speed test was interesting in that it shows how fast I can type when looking at individual words rather than connected thoughts.

Either way, I was both impressed and depressed with my typing speeds, haha, so it was overall an enlightening experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment