Friday, October 10, 2014

Week 8: Famous Last Words--George Beard

"Rain had always been a harbinger of tragedy for me."


So, after reading everybody's Famous Last Words posts this week, I decided to try one of my own.  And since quotes are fun, I decided to begin with some actual famous last words--picked in honor of last night's awesome thunderstorm and the rain to come later tonight.  Tadah!!

Haha, in other news, it's OU Texas weekend!!  Woot woot!  Sadly, when having Friday off, I only miss one class. . . *sigh*  Ah, well.  The good news--nay, great news!--is that I have the pleasure of hosting a visitor this weekend.  For my little sister is coming to town!!  Luckily for her, she has numerous short breaks incorporated into her schedule, so she is spending her long weekend flying in from Pennsylvania to visit.  And since I haven't seen any family in over two months, it is a welcome arrival indeed.

That being said, with her visiting I worked all this week to get ahead on schoolwork, rather than procrastinating as per usual.  And it's kind of awesome, being able to look ahead at the weekend and only have a little bit of studying and a short assignment or two remaining.  Definitely a study in why working ahead can be relaxing and worthwhile.  Perhaps this experience will help with my time management in the future, haha.

Anyhow, I love the rain and thunderstorms in particular, so my quote this week is sort of contradictory to fact, but alas, I used it anyways.  Honestly, I think it would be kind of fantastic to die in the middle of a dramatic rainstorm.  So whatever, George Beard.

And on that weird note, arrivederci!  Alla prossima.



P.S.  I apologize for the Italian.  I also learned this week that I was accepted into the OUA program for the spring semester, so I'm uber excited, haha.  Yay, study abroad!!!  :)


Image Information.  Photograph of rain on a window, 2014.  Posted by SplitShire on Pixabay.

No comments:

Post a Comment