Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 8: Reading Diary--Time to Self-Assess!!

So. . . Yeah.  In rereading the instructions for the reading diaries, I find that I am pretty spot on--in all but one respect.  My posts are consistently longer than advised.   Whoops, haha.

Honestly, I do not think that this is altogether a huge problem.  In my posts, I have tried a variety of methods and have settled with making comments and marking my thoughts on quotes, characters, themes, and events that catch my eye.  This really helps to capture not only plot, but characterization and even emotion.  (Plus the jokes and references I add in are pretty funny, even if only I can understand them, haha.) And at least I am not simply restating plot--there's one improvement made over time! In looking back on my past reading diaries, I can easily recap the stories and characters we have encountered so far.  So in this aspect, I think my reading diaries are quite helpful, if a little long.

Therefore, perhaps I just need to find a way to shorten my posts. . . and possibly my stories. . . *sigh*  I obviously have length issues; I'm probably compensating for my height, haha.  The only other change I may make to my reading diaries in the second half of the semester is the addition of images.  Whether found online or sketched myself, images can further aid in reminding me of past stories, and in a quick glance rather than in a prolonged reading session.  Not sure whether or not I will follow through with this, but it's a possibility.  Besides, maybe if I add some flashy images I can somehow gather a large following of enthralled readers--okay, maybe not.  But images are still cool.

And now, once again, I need to stop or risk being longwinded, haha.  Ta-ta for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment